Tire Testing & Modeling
A&D Technology is proud to offer the cutting edge of Tire Testing Technology through integrating model-based sensors with high-accuracy measurement. We offer several options for real-time tire testing, including the new standard in tire testing, the Dynamic Contact Force Rig. We also are global leaders in flat belt tire testing and drum-based rolling resistance testing.
Flat Belt Tire Test Rig
The A&D Flat Belt Tire Test Rig is an indoor tire force and moment testing machine. It allows the tire to be tested against a flat surface under dynamic conditions.
Rolling Resistance Test Rig
The RRTR offers world class repeatability and accuracy through its rigid design and a customized load cell developed using our Model-Based Sensor (MBS) technology. Drum-based Tire Testing.
Dynamic Contact Force Rig
A&D’s Dynamic Contact Force Rig (DCFR) is the new standard in tire testing technology, which combines a fully dynamic tire test rig with tire patch measurement sensors.
In order to remain competitive, many companies have adopted simulation-driven development processes. Simulation and modeling allows important decisions on functionality, structure, and trade-offs to balance competing objectives, such as reliability and cost, to be made long before a physical prototype is created. As a result, fewer of these prototypes are required, significantly reducing costs.
Adding simulation to the development process introduces numerous challenges, including:
- Correlation – The main thing when adding simulation is ensuring that the simulation correlates with the physical system that you are replacing (e.g. for the given inputs, the simulation produces the same outputs as the physical system)
- Latency – Part of the correlation challenge is latency. If a system includes both physical and simulated devices, then the simulation must run in real-time and produce its outputs with the same latency as the full physical system that it is replacing
- Size – In order to create a simulation that correlates with the physical system, the simulation can become quite large – real-time system can be overwhelmed
- Complexity – One solution to the size problem is to break the simulation into pieces and run them on different processors in parallel. This can solve the throughput problem, but introduces more complexity
- Replaceability – The real-time systems used to run the simulation must have all of the I/O available to replace the physical systems
The A&D Solution
To address these challenges, A&D Technology offers a family of real-time platforms for the following:
- Control algorithm prototyping
- Hardware-in-the-loop simulation
- Customized dedicated test systems
- Production-intent system-on-modules (SOMs)
- Turnkey engine control systems.
The various platforms are high-speed, real-time systems that can be configured for a wide variety of applications. MATLAB/Simulink models run on a real-time Linux-based operating system, and can be downloaded and controlled from a Windows PC-based GUI generation and configuration tool known as AD-VirtualConsole.
DETAIL YOUR PROJECT
Save time & money with A&D's test automation solutions, lab management software, rapid prototyping hardware, and HILS simulation systems for automotive and eMobility testing and development.
We would love to talk to you to learn more about the scope of your test lab application and how we can help.